Friday, August 30, 2013

August 2013

In the 2nd week of August we went on our annual Hansen trip.  Last year we went to Yellowstone and this year we came back to the North Beach of Yuba Lake!  We always have such a great time, we line up our trailers and block off our own little section of the beach.  There's always great food, cousins, and fun!  We had a great time playing on the boat, swimming in the lake and playing in the sand.  We're always sad when this trip comes to an end!

Right before our nightly fire one night I couldn't resist bringing out the camera.  The sunset was gorgeous and the lighting was just right! 

Lila just naturally models just like this.  She is so photogenic!




Ric and Jo sittin around the fire.

Joceline, Makenzie, Maclaren and Isaak


Here we are hangin in our back yard one nice night this month.  We had a fire outside with Jared and Leigh right after.  Good times!




I wanted to get some photos of my kids a couple weeks ago and as you can see, Isaak is NOT happy about it.  I pulled him away from riding his scooter and rolling some cars down the driveway.  He graced me with his presence, but that's about all I got!

Lila was a little more willing!
Yay!  I let him go back to his cars! Now he's all smiles.

These two love their monster truck!


Who's a turkey!?
Last weekend Ric's company had a Lagoon day.  We got to go with them and Kim and Josh's family.  We had such a great time!  Lila had never been before and both kids told me later in the week that it had basically been the best day of their entire life.  Fun, fun times!!
Here's Ric and Jo waiting for the roller coaster!
It seems like Isaak and I always pair off and Shaun and Lila always pair off.  Cute kids!


Bulgey the Whale!
This used to be MY favorite ride when I was a kid!  Isaak and Cruise, Lila and Bentley

Lila and Maclaren
Isaak and Cuise
Isaak recently figured out how to use the camera.  Here's a couple of the 100 that he took!
Oh, and I finally figured out how to do a sock bun, isn't it cute!?
Now Lila's playing with the camera.  This much be their view every time we're in the car!
Cute piggies!!
This morning (Aug 30) Isaak started Kindergarten!!!  He's in the morning class and his teacher is Mrs. Richardson.  His very favorite friend is in his class, Cameron Richardson. I let him ride the bus to school, then I hopped in the car and met him there.  This morning he told me that he wasn't nervous about school, just about riding the bus. Thankfully he's got his good friend Montana to help him out.  She helped him on the bus and sat with him.  When he got off, her sister Abby walked Isaak right to the door of the school.  He was so ready to be there!  He blew me a kiss when it was time to walk inside and he was off!  I'm so proud of him, he did great. 

Waiting at the bus stop
Isaak and Montana
Dad came out to see him at the bus stop

Lila found a potato bug while we were waiting.


There he goes!
The bus driver is pretty great, he made Isaak go back down the steps and pose for a picture!

Isaak and Cameron!


I can't believe Summer is officially over!  Lot's of changes around the corner with Isaak in school and Lila starting preschool on Tuesday!  Bring it on!

No comments: