Isaak has had this bear since he was little, this picture just warms my heart.
We spend more time playing with our food than eating it.
Splash Park!
Swimming at Grandma's is always an adventure...
Lila begged to get her nails done, so she saved up her money to do them!
All done!
Cruise In Car show in Logan over the 4th of July!
Porter, Lila, Elise (Sass), Holly Fowler, and Rylee Westover
We had Tyler over for a few days!! He's come so far in the last year, he was a delight to have around!
In the middle of backyard renovations!
Getting ready for our backpacking trip!
On July 29 we nearly lost Porter. Just thinking about it still makes me sick to my stomach. Porter really wanted me to take both he and Brody to the gas station to buy some nerds. That sounded alright to me but I still had a couple things I needed to get ready for a family party at my Mom's clubhouse later that afternoon so I told him that he and Brody needed to go across the street and ask Kristi if that was alright with her. Yes, I could have called her instead. That's what I should have done. After they left to go ask her I started cutting up a watermelon to take to the party. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. I opened it to find Porter (trying so hard not to cry) and Brody along with a very distressed teenage boy. Because of all the construction in our backyard, there were several large trucks parked along our street. Porter and Brody crossed the street without any problem to get permission, but on the way back, Porter couldn't see around the truck to see if any cars were coming. He was on his bike and rather than walk his bike to the front of the truck so he could see up and down the street, he just rode right into the road. That teenage boy was driving up the street in a truck. Porter hit the truck with his bike as it passed, fell backwards off his bike, and the truck drove over the front wheel of the bike. (Brody's bike, too! Not his!) Thank you, thank you Heavenly Father that Porter was not a split second sooner getting out into that road. If the truck had hit him rather than him hitting that truck...... if he'd fallen forward rather than backward......we'd have a very different story. He had a wonderful goose egg on the back of his head and his ankle was a little sore. A trip to the ER showed maybe a slight concussion, but no broken bones or major injuries. When the sweet teenage boy explained what happened I gave him a hug and assured him that everything would be alright. While we were at the hospital the boy and his mom filed a report with the police and he left some cookies on our porch. I'm so glad everything worked out. That poor boy and poor Porter were both traumatized by the whole experience. Porter is a lot more careful walking out into the street now and even though there really was no way for this boy to see Porter, I'm sure he's much more careful now. I shared some sweet texts with him and his mother that night that were healing for both of us.
Gifts from Brody
The bike!
We spend more time playing with our food than eating it.
Splash Park!
Swimming at Grandma's is always an adventure...
Lila begged to get her nails done, so she saved up her money to do them!
All done!
Cruise In Car show in Logan over the 4th of July!
Don't forget the parade after!
4th of July fireworks
Porter's got some swimming skills!
Leaving Bear at the property when we run into town is always a little sad, he watches out the window.
We had Tyler over for a few days!! He's come so far in the last year, he was a delight to have around!
In the middle of backyard renovations!
Hansen Campout at Pine View this year! The peacock is always a big hit.
Porter and Brody pumping iron
Rylee, Lila, Isaak, Gavin, Evie and PorterWith all of our backyard remodel we no longer needed our old trusty shed. Our neighbors were more than willing to take it off our hands so this was how we transported it. It still makes me giggle a little.
24th of July shenanigans! Rylee Westover, Avery Jackman, Brooklyn Chapo and Lila
I love Isaak!
Uncle Josh is the best!
Kate, James, Porter, Lila, Porter and Jane!
Getting ready for our backpacking trip!
On July 29 we nearly lost Porter. Just thinking about it still makes me sick to my stomach. Porter really wanted me to take both he and Brody to the gas station to buy some nerds. That sounded alright to me but I still had a couple things I needed to get ready for a family party at my Mom's clubhouse later that afternoon so I told him that he and Brody needed to go across the street and ask Kristi if that was alright with her. Yes, I could have called her instead. That's what I should have done. After they left to go ask her I started cutting up a watermelon to take to the party. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. I opened it to find Porter (trying so hard not to cry) and Brody along with a very distressed teenage boy. Because of all the construction in our backyard, there were several large trucks parked along our street. Porter and Brody crossed the street without any problem to get permission, but on the way back, Porter couldn't see around the truck to see if any cars were coming. He was on his bike and rather than walk his bike to the front of the truck so he could see up and down the street, he just rode right into the road. That teenage boy was driving up the street in a truck. Porter hit the truck with his bike as it passed, fell backwards off his bike, and the truck drove over the front wheel of the bike. (Brody's bike, too! Not his!) Thank you, thank you Heavenly Father that Porter was not a split second sooner getting out into that road. If the truck had hit him rather than him hitting that truck...... if he'd fallen forward rather than backward......we'd have a very different story. He had a wonderful goose egg on the back of his head and his ankle was a little sore. A trip to the ER showed maybe a slight concussion, but no broken bones or major injuries. When the sweet teenage boy explained what happened I gave him a hug and assured him that everything would be alright. While we were at the hospital the boy and his mom filed a report with the police and he left some cookies on our porch. I'm so glad everything worked out. That poor boy and poor Porter were both traumatized by the whole experience. Porter is a lot more careful walking out into the street now and even though there really was no way for this boy to see Porter, I'm sure he's much more careful now. I shared some sweet texts with him and his mother that night that were healing for both of us.
Gifts from Brody
The bike!
Nikelcade!
Neighborhood party
Nearly done!!!




























































































































No comments:
Post a Comment