Tuesday, May 16, 2017

February 2017

 I'm not gonna lie.  February was one of the most challenging months of my life.  Alright, the last few months have been the most challenging.  Puppies are HARD!  Marriages can be HARD! Being the only parent that still believes in the church and trying to teach your kids can be HARD! Being a Mom is HARD!  Having kids that managed to be sick for our anniversary, and Isaak's birthday, and having to cancel trips, outings and celebrations because of it is HARD!  But the thing that destroyed me the most in February was finding out that my Dad probably had an incurable, debilitating disease. They ran a few more tests and confirmed in April that he DOES have Lou Gehrig's disease and I am devastated.  Not knowing for those few months and hoping and praying for a miracle when you know feel in your heart that this is the Lord's will and that you need to endure well is HARD!  But, in the midst of all this HARD, there was laughter, tears, love, and joy.  I love my family.  We are far from perfect, but we love each other.  

Here's a picture of our Anniversary dinner.  Nothing but Filet Mignon for this kind of celebration!
 Isaak's birthday morning!  I love that 9 yr old and am still trying to wrap my head around his age!

Isaak was SUCH a good sport!  We had plans to go to Classic Skating for his birthday but had to cancel because our house was plagued with strep throat.  He took the bad news like a champ and turned that day around into a party at home. 


 I was the Team Mom for Isaak's Battle of the Books group.  They did such a great job and got 7th place for 3rd and 4th grade.  Not bad, especially since the fourth graders usually get the top spots!!


 Uncle Jon came and stayed with us for a weekend in February for Makayla's wedding.  Such a fun weekend!  It happened just days before we found out there was something wrong with my Dad.  I will never forget Jon whispering to me at the reception that Dad never really looked old to him until then. :(




 Cute boy fell asleep before church!
 Isaak's Valentine box!
 Isaak's Jr Jazz team!



 I'm trying to take as many pictures as I can.  So precious. 





No comments: